Auction Buyers Information
Conditions of Sale
- 1. All sales are final.
2. Buyer pays Slotin Folk Art Auction (“Slotin”) premium of fifteen percent (15%) of the Lot’s Hammer price. (As used throughout these “Terms and Conditions,” “Lot” means an object or group of objects offered for sale as one unit and “Hammer Price,” means the price announced by the auctioneer when the hammer falls.) The Buyer’s Premium shall be collected by Slotin directly from the Buyer at the time of sale.
3. Slotin will accept cash, checks and credit cards. Credit Card users will be charged an additional 4% of the Sales Price. (The “Sales Price” is the Hammer Price plus the Buyer’s Premium, plus applicable taxes). Any returned check will result in a return check fee and entitle Slotin to the remedies provided under Georgia law and in paragraph 7, below.
4. Title to Lot and risk of loss or damage to the Lot passes to the Buyer when the Hammer falls (i.e. when Slotin, as agent for seller, accepts the bid). The Sales Price must be paid prior to the close of the auction. Buyers with an outstanding balance after 14 days of the close of the auction will be charged a ten percent (10%) late fee on the Sales Price. Buyers must provide a credit card number in order to bid. Buyers with an outstanding balance after 14 days will be charged the outstanding balance, including (10%) late fee and (4%) credit card fee to their credit card. Slotin will have sole and absolute discretion to determine who the successful bidder is and/or may with draw the Lot or reoffer the Lot for sale, in the event of a dispute.
5. All merchandise must be removed from the place of auction on the same day of auction unless other arrangements are made. Absentee bidders will be contacted after the sale regarding shipping options.
6. All property is sold “AS IS.” Slotin, for itself and as agent for the seller, makes no warranties or representations of any kind with respect to any Lot. Buyer agrees that in no event shall Slotin be responsible for the correctness, description, genuiness, authorship, attribution, provenance, period, culture, source, origin, value or condition of any Lot. Nothing being said or done by Slotin shall be deemed a warranty of representation or an assumption of liability by Slotin.
7. If Buyer fails to pay the Sales Price at the close of the auction or otherwise comply with these Terms and Conditions, Slotin shall be entitled to the following remedies: (1) to recover from Buyer any monetary loss arising on any resale of the Lot (including all costs of any resale or attempted resale); (2) any deposit or partial payment paid by Buyer: (3) to recover from Buyer all of its costs and expenses of collection, including attorneys’ fees of fifteen percent (15%) of the outstanding balance, interest on the outstanding balance of 1.5% per month and costs; and (4) all other relief and remedies allowed by the law. Georgia law applies and jurisdiction and venue over all disputes involving these Terms and Conditions shall be in Gwinnett County, Georgia.
8. Bidding on any Lot is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and any and all other terms announced at the time of sale. These Conditions constitute the entire agreement between bidders and Slotin and supersede all prior agreements between them, if any.
9. Shipping Is Easy! Slotin Folk Art Auction will be glad to pack and ship your auction purchases for you. We ship via Fed Ex and UPS Ground. The shipping prices within the U.S. are including in the catalog. Insurance may be purchased for an additional $2 per $100. A shipping invoice will be mailed along with the auction invoice. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. All shipments outside the USA will be handled by The UPS store.
10. Suggested BIDDING INCREMENTS: 0-$500 - $25 increments. $500-1,000 - $50 increments. $1,000 and above - minimum of $100 increments.
11. Absentee Bidding Instructions: If you cannot attend this auction, but would like to bid on items, the procedure is quite simple: 1. Fill out the Absentee Bid Form listing catalog lot number, description, and your top bid price for each item. The limit you leave should be the amount to which you would bid if you were to attend the sale. Bidding increments are listed above. Please make sure that your bids fall within these increments. At the auction, bids are handled in a competitive manner in an attempt to buy the object for less than your top bid. As our auctions are well attended, you will be competing against the audience, Absentee and Phone bidders. You will pay one bid above the next highest bid, but no more than your maximum. If two absentee bids are received with the exact same amount, the first bid received will take precedence. Slotin Folk Art Auction will always attempt to purchase designated lots for the lowest possible amount in competition with other bidders, but we cannot be held responsible for errors or failure to bid.
12. Live Phone Bidding Instructions: If you cannot attend this auction but would like to be called as your the lots you are interested in came up during auction, please complete the Absentee Bid Form. List the lot number, and a brief description. Where it says bid amount or phone number, simply list the phone number you would like us to use during the auction. You may leave a back up number. There is no need to list a bid amount unless you would like the phone operator to bid for you in the event that you cannot be reached.
Absentee bidding and Phone bidding is a convenience we offer to our customers who cannot attend in person. Slotin Folk Art Auction will always attempt to purchase designated lots for the lowest possible amount in competition with other bidders, but we cannot be held responsible for errors or failure to bid.
13. Bidding Online: Bidders may bid in real time along with our audience via Ebay. If you are bidding live on Liveauctioneers the Buyer’s commission is 20%. You may view the auction live for no fee. Please be aware that there is also a live person typing the auction info in as quickly as she can while executing thousands of live internet bids for approximately ten hours straight. She will attempt to capture the bid history as accurately as possible, but in the event of a discrepancy, the auctioneer’s records are the official records of the auction, not the internet clerk. Remember also, that in each auction of over 800 lots, there will be a handful of online bidders who will be notified that they have "won" an auction item, when in fact, the official auction records say otherwise. This is an unfortunate problem with online participation. It is far more accurate to bid live in the audience, live on the phone directly through the auction house, or to submit absentee bids. If you would like to bid directly through Slotin Auction, please call or email at least a day prior to the auction. 770 532-1115 404 403-4244 (this is the only number available the day of the sale) or firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2001 Folk Fest Inc.